Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Everyday is exactly the same ...

Where I get to train everyday :)
Being an athlete, routine plays a major role in my life. If I don’t have one, I find myself wondering “Am I suppose to be somewhere?” Or, I nap a lot.    :)

Since training began in September, my life is more routine than ever. Here is my schedule Monday through Friday... unless I am in Oregon, with my coach:

6:00 am- Wake up, eat breakfast and get ready for training.7:30 am- Leave the house, drive to the OTC... 25 minute drive. 8:00 am- Warm-up, throw my hammers and work on explosive exercises. 10:30 am-12 pm- Eat lunch and relax.12:00 pm- 2:00 pm- Weight Room Session.2:00 pm- 2:20 pm- Get ready for work (at the Olympic Training Center), mix a protein shake and box up some dinner.3:00 pm- 9:00 pm- Work at the Embassy Suite in La Jolla.10:00 pm- Time to catch some ZZZ’s.


On the weekends, I am usually training in the morning and running errands in the afternoon. The past few months I have been working the Chargers home games, but there are only two games left, since the Chargers are having a less than stellar year.

The Q or what I still call "The Murph"
Yup, that is my routine. Love it or hate it, I have to do it.  :)

In the morning I focus on training and in the evening I focus on work. Work gives me a chance to take my mind off the hammer and focus on what "real" life will be when my hammer career is over.

"Speaking of hammer, have I ever told you guys how much I love throwing? :) The strangest thing happened to my body and heart this year. I can't really explain it, but all I know is that my body and heart are ready for a big year. My body is catching on to cues quicker and my heart has one path. It also puts my mind at ease to know that my body and heart are ready."

Training has been going great. I have been heading up to Oregon once a month to see coach for a week. Unlike last year, where I would only see him for a few days each month, I am now spending a full week with him. Thanks to Hilton/Embassy Suites La Jolla for working around my training schedule and understanding my dreams and goals. Also, thanks to Coach and Nancy for all their support. :)

I am throwing heavy hammers 4 days a week and competition weight for 2 days. My body is learning to hold the positions. Now, I just have to add some "spring" to my legs. The weights are moving along quite nicely. When I am done with my weight lifting session and I begin wondering if my legs will hold me up at work, then I know that I had a great day in the weight room!

Right now, I am heading to the USATF Annual Meeting. At the meeting, I am sure that we will cover in detail how important the Olympics are...duh! New rules, medical issues and the always important funding issues. I will type up a overview of the meeting. I am looking forward to hearing the issues and figuring out the best way to deal with them. It is also nice to hang out with all my track buddies.

Hope everyone is having a great Fall/Winter. Train hard and train smart!

Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails