Thursday, July 28, 2011

Next piece of the puzzle: Get my mind right:)


It has taken me a while to figure out what I was going to blog about, because I surely don't have any more tears to shed over this season.

I am sure you all can take a guess about my feeling towards my performance at National's and my trip up to Canada. I now know that I need to work on how I approach competition. My body knows how to throw far, now I just have to get my mind on board.   :)

I am enjoying my rest period and getting my body back to feeling 100% (it may never get there, but I can get close). Also, I'm working as much as I can to pay off my debt from track season, and get some money in the bank before winter training begins.

To that end, I just got 2 jobs! I was just hired with the San Diego Chargers AND the Embassy Suite in La Jolla.

Thanks to my co-worker at the San Diego Padres, I will be working game days at Jack Murphy. Yes, I know it is Qualcomm now, but it will forever be the “Murph” to me. I'll work as a Guest Service Representative. Basically, I will be making sure that everyone is minding their P’s and Q’s during the game.

With help from Rachelle at the USOC/Adecco office, I got hired to work the Front Desk at the Embassy Suites in La Jolla. The Hilton/Embassy Suites is an official sponsor of the United States Olympics, they have agreed to hire athletes, work around our training schedules, pay a fair wage and supplement our medical benefits! And so far, so good!

Besides working, I have been hanging out with my family and friends. The sun is my new best friend and it is best coupled with a good book. Right now, I am reading Life by Keith Richards. If he can survive life, anyone can.  :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far! To everyone is the Mid-West and the South... I’m sorry, come to San Diego!

Until the first day for training, September 5th, enjoy life and everyone in it!

~ Britney

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new job lover!!! I knew about the Chargers, but Embassy Suites is awesome!! I can't wait to hear stories about it; I'm sure you will be amazing at it but there are sure to be ridiculous people that stay there hahaha :).

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails