Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Children's Hosptial Visit!




Last Wednesday my best buddy, Kara Patterson and I headed over to Rady’s Children Hospital to hang out with some kiddos in the oncology unit. Walking into the hospital Kara and I both thought we were going to be emotional wreaks, since we were not quite sure what to expect. Each kiddo not only put a smile on my face but made me realize how strong kids can be.



The one memory that stands out the most was of this little girl. After she saw my hammer and I told her where I hold it, she grabbed the handle and started to pull it through the hallways of the hospital.  She had the biggest smile in her face and her laugh echoed through the halls.  It just about brought me to happy tears but I held it together.



Thank again to Chris at Athlete for Hope for setting this up! I still have a smile on my face and I look forward to my next trip :)

Britney




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails