Thursday, February 17, 2011

National Girls & Women in Sports Day


This past weekend my best friend and Olympic Javelin thrower, Kara Patterson, and I attended National Girls and Woman in Sports Day at San Diego State University and spoke to 150 Girl Scouts about how we got into our sport and why we love competing.

I love talking to the Girl Scout not only because they give me cookies but I love to see their faces light up when I tell them about throwing the hammer and why I love to spin in circles.

Here is a link to the photo gallery: http://www.teamusa.org/multimedia/photo_gallery/2151.

Thanks again to Janet for taking the awesome photos and to Jodi for inviting us to inspire young athletes of tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I am, it is REST WEEK for me:)

Brit




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails