Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thank you- For another great season in the books!

Where I wish I was spending my rest time~

It is that time of the year....REST TIME

I get about 6-8 weeks off from training before the quest for Korea starts up. I will mostly use my rest time to work for the Padre's at Petco Park and visit family. I will still be active, just nothing too intense.

This is also a time to look back on my season and evaluate. Overall, I am very happy with how the season panned out. I threw a personal record, placed my highest finish ever at USA Nationals and moved up on the world ranking list. :)

USA Nationals~

I must also give thanks to those who have made my season a huge success!

I must start off the Thank You’s with my coaches, Lance Deal and Dan Pfaff. You both have showed me what it means to believe in myself. You may not know it, but every time that you both believe in me, I believe in myself that much more. You have both given me the tools to be The Captain of My Ship. I can't wait to see what next year brings. :)

Next, I must thank my family and friends. It feels great to be back home. Being back in San Diego has brought some normalcy back to my life, after a summer competing in Europe. At the end of the day, when I leave my training at the OTC, I finally get to go home to my family. You have all believed in me since the first day I started throwing the hammer. My dreams are all your wishes and hopes. Your support will be the greatest gift that you could ever give me, and I thank you all.

Thanks to all my track buddies that I train with at the Olympic Training Center. Kara Patterson, Becky Berisch, Jarred Rome, Russ Winger, Sean Furey , Mike Hazle, Becky Holliday, Brad Walker, Yoo Kim, Akiba Mckinney and Ty Sevin. You are all amazing and I look forward to each day I get to drive 25 minutes to train and see you guys. It is always nice to have someone to talk to on the throwing field and someone to keep my mind off the next set in the weight room. You are all amazing at your events and I can't wait to see how far you will all throw/jump next year.

Thank You to Tracy Lamb/USOC/USATF. Thank you for allowing me to train at the Olympic Training Center. You have provided everything that I could ever ask for in a training center. The welcoming environment at the center would have never happened if it wasn't for you, Tracy... thanks for believing in me!

The OTC~

Thank you to the OTC training room staff, Nancy Deal-Whitacre and Alicia Lamb. My body can not thank you guys enough!

Thank you to Ross Flowers. You will never know how much you need a sport psychologist until you start talking to one. You help me keep my mind going down the right path and not stopping to look at the butterflies. :)

Rita Somerlot and Connie Price-Smith, thank you for all the work you put into keeping up with the throwers. You do a great job!

To my fans on Facebook. Thank you for all the words of encouragement through the year. It is always nice to read them before I head out to the ring.

To my “Media Team”. You are all amazing at your jobs and I am thankful that you guys take time out of your day to help me. I appreciate all the work that you have all put into the BHP and I can't wait to see where it goes.

I am sure that I have forgot a few people that have helped me through the season. Please know that anyone who has put a smile on my face during the year or has given me advice, I truly appreciate it.

Enjoy the last few months of summer and keep smiling :)

Britney

“ I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul “

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails