Thursday, June 24, 2010

Almost SHOWTIME!

Drake Stadium!

Since I have a 2 hour layover in the beautiful Denver airport, I thought I would give you guys/gals a quick update on how everything is going.

My smile grows bigger and bigger the closer I get to Iowa and the 2010 National Championship. : ) I am very happy with how my hammer training is going and where my mind is at. Training has never been a problem for me. I go into the ring everyday and execute the given cues.

Now, on the other hand, I am a pretty emotional thrower, I will admit it. When I first started throwing the hammer, I would cry after one bad warm-up throw! The next year, I cried after every meet, good or bad. Now, I may only tear up a little if I do really well. I think what snapped me out of my flood of tears, were a few little words from my friend Kathrin Klaas, "It takes too much energy to cry, and it takes away from your training." That really hit me and it is so true! Crying is wasted energy, and I need as much energy that I can get.

My emotions don't play as many games as they once did. This year is the first year that I truly believe in myself. It is weird for me to say, because I always thought that I did. I can't tell you the exact moment that it happened, but it feels great to finally believe in myself. That is a big reason why my mind can't mess with me anymore. I know what I have to do to throw far and I know that I can do it!

The National Championship's are here and I am ready. I throw on Saturday at 3:20 pm Central Time, in Des Moines, Iowa. The meet is going to be televised, and may highlight the hammer, if we are lucky!

Here is the schedule:
ESPN - June 25 - 8:00 - 10:00 pm
ESPN - June 26 - 1:00 - 2:30 pm
NBC - June 26 - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
ESPN - June 27 - 1:00 - 2:30 pm
NBC - June 27 - 3:00 - 4:00 pm


Other than getting ready for Nationals, I got my car back!!! I was right, I threw a rod through the block and through the pan - if you are going to break something, better do it good, right? The Padres are still kicking butt, and I happy that they are. It is great to come to work and see the ballpark full of Padre fans!

Best of luck to all my friends competing this weekend! I can't wait to see you all compete and kick butt!

Be sure to check out my Facebook Fan Page and Twitter because I will be posting updates and pictures!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!

Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails