Saturday, April 10, 2010

Influence SD Awards!

~Anthology~

First off, I want to thank Influence SD for a great night of entertainment. The venue was amazing, Anthology. The singers were great, Krys Justice and Beyond Category. The drinks tasted delicious, Twitter-tini. And the food was amazing, seared ahi tuna! Overall, it was a great opportunity for the stars of the social media to get a little recognition.

Next, I would also like to thank my media team for introducing me to the blog/media world. If it wasn't for you guys, I would have never even thought about blogging, let alone a creating a press kit! You all are amazing at what you do, and I feel very lucky that you all want to help me achieve my goal!

So, Wednesday, blog awards day, started off like any other, with me waking up to the sunny skies of San Diego and getting on the road to Chula Vista for some training. Wednesday is a pretty light day for me, just some med ball and lifting. After training, I headed home to get ready for the night. I really didn't know what to expect, but I was looking forward to what the night had in store.

I went to my friend, Michelle Laxson, to get my hair done. (I have yet to figure out how to "do" my hair, besides the good oleʼ pony tail! ) She did a great job! With only a short time until the awards, and swearing to one day learn to do a side braid, I headed home to get ready. My best buddy, Kara Patterson joined me for the night, she came over to my house to get ready too! After applying my face..I mean make-up : ) and getting the dress just right, we were off!

Once we arrived at Anthology, the nerves hit me. I kinda felt like I was at a track meet, butterflies and all. I was super excited that after only 4 months of blogging "The Britney Henry Project" was nominated for an award. And I couldn't ask for more... but now I wanted to win! We waited in the VIP/nomimee's line for our photo op on the red carpet, I did a quick interview and then we headed to our seats.

~Waiting to get in...~

Anthology is a great place. I love the layout - clean and open. We sat on the floor level with 2 balcony levels above us. All the levels looked right onto the stage. We sat down and decided to order the drink of the night, Twitter-tinis! I have to say, they were very tasty. Once our drinks arrived, we were up and mingling on the floor.

Since I am a blogger now, I thought it would be cool to meet the other blogger's. The only blogger know is Steve Adler, with The Friarhood, and we were competing in the same category! We met Terry Parish, the co-founder of short film company and Chris Chan, an NBC reporter.

After our drinks ran dry, and our dinner was served, we headed back to the table. Anthology has amazing food! I ordered the pan-seared tuna, and it was the best that I ever had, EVER:) Krys Justice opened the show and Melani Gordon began the ceremony with her opening remarks. My category, Blog of the Year was towards the end of the program, so I had plenty of time to eat and enjoy the show.

Mingling with the other bloggers!

During the show, I couldn't help but think of all the amazing blogs that are out there, my favorite was The Football Girl. I am glad that there is now a place to go to learn all the important stuff about football. Maybe I will join a fantasy football team! I also enjoyed Sam-the-Cooking-Guy, he is hilarious and I love to watch his show. He making cooking look fun and carefree!

As the night went on and it got closer to announcing the winner of Blog of the Year, the more my butterflies started to fly around. Once the presenter started naming the nominees, the butterflies calmed down - just in case I won! When the presenter, Dmitry Shapiro, announced, Diego-on-a-Dime as the Blog of the Year, my butterflies were replaced with a rock. I was pretty bummed that I didn't win, but Diego-on-a-Dime is a great blog and is very helpful for people in San Diego looking for cheap things to do in town. The night was topped off by paper airplanes flying through the air with gift cards inside, and the sweet sounds of Beyond Category.

The night was great, and I was so excited to share it with my grandma, my besty Kara, my cousin Teresa, and of course, Graham and Dawn - the people behind the blog! I headed home feeling a little defeated but knowing that being a finalist was a great accomplishment.

Kara, Dawn, Myself and Grandma Carol :)

Tomorrow, I have a photo shoot in the afternoon, a big day in front of Brent Haywood's cameras, and the Mt. SAC Relays are next weekend, with my cousin Timʼs B-day blast to finish the week off. What else could I ask for? Not much. : )



Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails